Sure, you, like most of our patients, take a good care of your teeth in general: brush them twice daily, floss, and rinse with good fluoride mouthwash. You visit your dentist on a regular basis and overall satisfied with your oral health. How is it important for such patient to visit dental hygienist? Is it really necessarily? In the article below we will answer these questions.
Dental hygienists are specialists who are trained to work as part of the dental team. They play an important role in dental health care. Their work mainly concentrated on preventive dental health and treating gum disease.
Signs of gum disease:
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Red or swollen gums
- Tender or bleeding gums
- Painful chewing
- Loose teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Receding gums or longer appearing teeth.
What happens when you visit dental hygienist?
Your Hygienist team can remove any build-up on your teeth and treat any gum disease that has already appeared. But it’s important to remember that daily dental care is up to you, and the main weapons are the same as always: the toothbrush, toothpaste and cleaning between your teeth.
10 REASONS YOU SHOULD VISIT DENTAL HYGIENIST:
- To prevent a gum disease.Gum disease might lead to bleeding, painful gum, bad breath and loose teeth. Gum disease can be treated and even prevented if caught in early stages.
- To prevent bad breath. The bad odor can be released by bacteria from under the gumline, where only a dental professional can clean.
- To have a whiter smile.The yellowish stains that build on your teeth cannot be removed by brushing alone. These stains are often results of coffee, tea, tobacco, wine, etc. Your hygienist has many methods to remove or lessen the appearance of these stains.
- Prevent other diseases.Poor dental hygiene may lead to a number of other diseases including: heart disease, diabetes and respiratory difficulties.
- To prevent oral cancer. While your visit your hygienist will screen your mouth for oral cancer. This illness is highly curable if detected early.
- To stop bleeding gums.The bleeding gums might be an early sign of gum disease. If spotted early, this can be easily treated. The bleeding most likely will stop after your hygienist cleans hard deposits off your teeth and around your gums, and then show how to prevent it from building in the future.
- To improve your self-esteem and confidence.
- To keep your teeth. Gum disease is the number one cause for adult patients to loose teeth. In later stages of gum disease, teeth often become extremely loose, they can be painful or acutely infected. Frequently this leaves no other options, but to remove the tooth. Or the teeth may become so loose that they fall out on their own.
If you have a healthy mouth, take a good hygiene care of your teeth, and have a healthful diet, your dental hygienist will suggest professional teeth cleaning at least twice a year. Some patients who are more vulnerable to gum disease might be recommended to do the cleaning more often.
Dental hygienist at Kids Pediatric Allen – is an integral part of our team of dental specialists. Our pediatric dental hygienists will not only check your teeth, clean them and show you correct teeth home care, they also can save you a great deal of money by helping you keep your mouth healthy and prevent gum disease. Please contact our dental office and book your appointment. Your teeth and gums will stay healthy with regular dental hygienist’ visits!