September 21, 2020
Dear Kids Pediatric Dentistry Family,
Now that we have a better understanding of how to prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 virus, we will be making a few changes. Just like the Nation, the state of Texas, and school systems have begun to evolve and update their protocols to minimize the spread, we will also move to update our COVID-19 protocols. We want to ensure you all that our guards are always up and our infection control processes will remain consistent with the recommendations of the ADA, CDC, OSHA, and TDA.
Our main change: We will be able to accommodate more recare/hygiene appointments daily. If you have been unable to schedule an appointment with us due to our previously limited schedule, please give us a call at 972-727-0011.
Below are the changes that we will continue to implement per the CDC and ADA guidelines to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you by phone prior to the appointment to ask important screening questions. This is a required screening call. If we are unable to reach you, please return our call prior to your child’s appointment.
- If your child or someone in your house has become sick prior to the appointment, please call the office to reschedule.
- Please consult your calendars and note appointment dates and times to ensure you will be able to make your confirmed appointments. Due to the limited availability of appointments, last minute cancellations (less than 24 hours) and no- shows will incur a charge of $35.00.
- Please provide/verify the name and phone number of the parent/guardian bringing your child. This information will be used to allow access into the office.
- To reduce face-to-face interactions, credit card information will be collected at the Pre-Appointment Screening call. Receipts can be mailed/emailed after the appointment upon request.
- Checkup and treatment appointments can be made by real-time text or by phone after the appointment.
- If someone other than the parent/guardian is coming with your child, please make sure we have an electronically signed consent form 24 hours prior for treatment. We will be unable to see your child without it.
- Yearly medical updates will be sent to you prior to the appointment. Please fill out and return them electronically to the office at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. Paperwork will not be given at the appointment.
- Once you arrive at the office, please stay inside your car and send us a text @972-727-0011. We will notify you when we are ready for your appointment and meet you at the entrance to escort you in. Please keep a safe distance from other people.
- Please only bring your keys inside the building. Leave bags, phones, purses, and all other items in your vehicle. You will not be able to bring them into the office.
- Please make sure you wear a face mask (cloth or disposable) at all times while you are in the office. Children from the ages 3 and up, are required to wear one according to the CDC.
- We will check temperatures upon entering the office. Temp of >100.4 F will be asked to reschedule.
- Screening questions will be asked again upon arrival. If the answer is yes to any question further questioning will be warranted.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- Please only bring the child/children to the office who have appointment(s) at the specified time.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow enough time for a patient to leave prior to having the next patient enter the building.
- All dental staff members will be screened twice a day prior to seeing patients for signs of illness.
- All dental staff members are required to wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) at all times.
- Please inform the office should your child show any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for up to 14 days after the dental appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, every patient, and our staff, safe in our practice. You can call us at (972) 727-0011. We value your trust and loyalty.
Kids Pediatric Dentistry